Friday, December 7, 2007

8 random things about me

I've just been tagged by that gifted sculptor and builder Stella Costello and am now tasked with sharing 8 random things about myself and then tagging 8 others, and I already cheated because I saw Gary Hazlitt in-world and tagged him even before I posted my own list. Here goes:

1) I revealed my Real Name to two people in world today. It was a non-event.
2) I have been a pretty dedicated cook - though lately my kitchen rarely sees me - and an even more dedicated cookbook collector. I own approximately 2,500 cookbooks. Most are hardcovers and first editions and many have been autographed by their authors. Need a recipe from just about any part of the world? I am nearly certain I have it. Tip: Did you know that almost 70% of the value of a book depends on the integrity of the dust jacket? If you think a book will be valuable someday, don't clip the price on the dust jacket, even if it is a gift! Book collectors will thank you.
3) I have often been called a gym rat.
4) I want to learn how to build in-world but can't find the time to do it.
5) I nearly always got As in math, which I did not deserve. I'm still not sure how that happened.
6) Physicists fascinate me. They are the most interesting people on earth.
7) I am nearly always barefoot.
8) Today I danced in the rain. In RL. We need more rain in Los Angeles.

Look out people, I'm on my way to tag you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK Ms Tizzy! All done - My 8 factoids!

BTW My degree was in music and physics ;-)

and what is a gym rat??!

Gary ;-)

Bettina Tizzy said...

Haha! No wonder this blog post of mine: http://npirl.blogspot.com/2007/09/fire-side-chat-with-gary-hazlitt.html, practically wrote itself. And a musician, marketer, amd builder, too, huh? Hmmm. I rest my case. Physicists are the most versatile and articulate people I know.

Bettina Tizzy said...

Forgot to answer your question, Gary. A gym rat is someone who spends a lot of time working out at a gym, though I do like to hike the Santa Monica mountains and get outdoors. In fact, I'm looking forward to the day when I will be able to participate in the metaverse while simultaneously hiking. It's coming... I'm sure of it. Talk about having your cake and eating it, too. ^.^