Friday, December 7, 2007

8 random things about me

I've just been tagged by that gifted sculptor and builder Stella Costello and am now tasked with sharing 8 random things about myself and then tagging 8 others, and I already cheated because I saw Gary Hazlitt in-world and tagged him even before I posted my own list. Here goes:

1) I revealed my Real Name to two people in world today. It was a non-event.
2) I have been a pretty dedicated cook - though lately my kitchen rarely sees me - and an even more dedicated cookbook collector. I own approximately 2,500 cookbooks. Most are hardcovers and first editions and many have been autographed by their authors. Need a recipe from just about any part of the world? I am nearly certain I have it. Tip: Did you know that almost 70% of the value of a book depends on the integrity of the dust jacket? If you think a book will be valuable someday, don't clip the price on the dust jacket, even if it is a gift! Book collectors will thank you.
3) I have often been called a gym rat.
4) I want to learn how to build in-world but can't find the time to do it.
5) I nearly always got As in math, which I did not deserve. I'm still not sure how that happened.
6) Physicists fascinate me. They are the most interesting people on earth.
7) I am nearly always barefoot.
8) Today I danced in the rain. In RL. We need more rain in Los Angeles.

Look out people, I'm on my way to tag you!


Gary Hazlitt said...

OK Ms Tizzy! All done - My 8 factoids!

BTW My degree was in music and physics ;-)

and what is a gym rat??!

Gary ;-)

Bettina Tizzy said...

Haha! No wonder this blog post of mine:, practically wrote itself. And a musician, marketer, amd builder, too, huh? Hmmm. I rest my case. Physicists are the most versatile and articulate people I know.

Bettina Tizzy said...

Forgot to answer your question, Gary. A gym rat is someone who spends a lot of time working out at a gym, though I do like to hike the Santa Monica mountains and get outdoors. In fact, I'm looking forward to the day when I will be able to participate in the metaverse while simultaneously hiking. It's coming... I'm sure of it. Talk about having your cake and eating it, too. ^.^