Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The case of the mysterious blooded bandage wings...

Posted by Alpha Auer

Last year, at some location which, alas, I no longer seem to be able to recall, I bought something which touches me so deeply to just look at that I hardly ever wear it in public. I put them on when I am all by myself, on days when I feel particularly reclusive and never for too long even then: They simply make me too sad. My beloved blooded bandage wings. So, it really is more than just a little strange that I am posting about something so very private in as public a place as this. However, with good reason:



Cyia Kanami: She is the creator of these wings and she seems to be lost. I had this idea that I would like to check on her, see what else she might have created over this past year and... She is no longer there! There is no store location in her Picks or her Classified's. No such name exists in any of the better known online metaverse shops either and neither does she seem to have a current blog. And then, in her profile she says:

"... If any of ya ever known what it's like to have your guts turned inside out, your heart ripped to shreads, your soul dipped in burning hot tar, and your brain ground through a meat grinder, ya know how I've felt for the past 5 months..."

I did send her an instant message - to which predictably enough, I got no response. So, has anyone seen or heard from Cyia Kanami? Does anyone know this person or have any idea where she might be? If she is still in Second Life® even?

Since the full name of the wings in my inventory carries the suffix BLD I also teleported to a location called BLD wings (and you can also, directly from here), in the hopes of locating Cyia's work, however that place seems to be owned by another person entirely: Beliria Lumley, a fine NPIRL designer in her own right, who could well merit a post of her own in the future. But as for Cyia? No sign...

Cyia? Are you out there? Are you ok?

10 comments:

Mako Kungfu said...

I have a pair of horns that sprout from my back from coarse tufts of hair and are hung with a bloodied bandage. They are meant to be fearsome, but are too strange to really succeed -- and I always begin to think of pain if I have them on too long. Other people ask what they are and then recoil, put off because they look like they hurt. Your wings are more beautiful but the feeling is the same...

Mako Kungfu said...

Oh and Cyia Kanami is indeed still an active resident - her last login is listed as 11/28/08. Hope that's reassuring...

Alpha Auer said...

Mako Hi! Yes, thank you, it is a big relief to know that. But, where did you find out about this? I had no idea that this kind of information was even available to us...

And, if I may be so bold as to ask: Where did you get those horns from? They sound just like my kind of thing:
http://alphaauer.wordpress.com/2008/05/30/the-shadow/
;-)

Unknown said...

But, where did you find out about this? I had no idea that this kind of information was even available to us...

You can look at the member list of any Group that you're a member of and find out the last login date of each member of the Group. So if you have a Group in common with someone, you can check and see when they last logged in.

I've used this trick to check up on my business partner, since we're in several Groups together.

qpop said...

Alpha, If you are the same group as a member who is inserach you can find out when tehy last logged in by checking the member's listing of that group.... think it may even work for folks who are not in search

Anonymous said...

This is very odd. I have a set of wings made by Ivy Graves (Atomic Kitty) that look almost identical. The same person?
pics here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12613871@N02/

hope this helps
Grady Echegaray

Alpha Auer said...

Yes, they certainly look very much alike, except that yours seem to be much much larger. The ones I have are tiny, they just barely protrude from your back. Their size is in fact the very thing that make me feel so sad. They look so very vulnerable. The ones you have are gorgeous! But also somehow very formidable...

Alpha Auer said...

ahum... I just looked at the photo I have here and they look much larger than they actually are due to the exaggerated perspective of the close up shot. I should probably take one from a distance and post it onto Flickr so that you can see how small they really are...
;-)

CyiaKanami said...

hihi! this is Cyia kanami. I have no computer anymore in real life and actually about to be homeless.. so I haven't been on sl my self for a while. I have a very close friend to check in for me once in a while. I no longer sell my items. They where sold off in auction to Atomic Kitty owner. So please feel free to stop by there. I don't know how long I'll be off-line for or when I'll ever get another computer and internet but I'm still alive! And very happy you enjoy my wings! <3

Bettina Tizzy said...

cyia, I am so sorry to hear that your financial situation is dire, but your spirits - at least in text - seem high. I think Atomic Kitty should hold a fundraiser for you, darn it. Our thoughts are with you.